Chicken Parmesan Sliders from Sufra
Makes: 16 sliders
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour
We’ve crammed all of the cheesy, saucy goodness of classic chicken parm into party-perfect appetizers that are guaranteed to please.
What you need:
|4||Sufra Zabeeha by Hand Halal Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 lb/450 g) 258052000008|
|1/2 cup||all-purpose flour|
|1-½ cups||panko bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 tsp||each salt and dried oregano|
|1/2 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|16||slider burger buns or mini buns of choice, split|
|1-½ cups||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||onion, finely chopped|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 tsp||hot pepper flakes|
|1 can||no-salt-added diced tomatoes|
|1 tsp||granulated sugar|
|1/2 tsp||each salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup||fresh parsley, roughly chopped|
|1/3 cup||fresh basil, roughly chopped|
- Prepare Sauce: Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, sugar, salt and pepper; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15 minutes. Uncover; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and basil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place 1 chicken breast on cutting board. Holding sharp knife parallel to cutting board, slice chicken breast in half horizontally. Repeat with remaining chicken to make 8 thin cutlets total. Between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap, pound chicken to even 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness. Set aside.
- Place flour in large shallow dish. Whisk eggs with milk in separate large shallow dish. Stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, oregano and black pepper in separate large shallow dish.
- Working with 1 piece at a time, dredge chicken in flour, turning to coat; dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip back into dish. Press both sides into bread crumb mixture. Arrange in single layer on greased parchment paper-lined large rimmed baking sheet. Mist tops of chicken with cooking spray. Bake, flipping chicken once, until golden and no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; cut each piece of chicken in half crosswise to make 16 pieces total. Set aside.
- Line same baking sheet with separate sheet of parchment paper. Arrange bottom halves of buns, cut sides up, on baking sheet. Top each bun with 1 piece of chicken. Spread sauce evenly over top; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Sandwich with top halves of buns. Cover loosely with foil; return to oven. Bake 10 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about 5 minutes.
Makes 16 sliders.
Per serving (1 slider): 190 calories, fat 5 g (2 g of which is saturated), sodium 530 mg, carbohydrate 22 g, fibre 2 g, sugars 4 g, protein 15 g