Hot Cocoa Recipes to warm you up this winter
Cold winter nights call for warm cups of hot cocoa. Try these delicious hot cocoa recipes featuring twists on the classic and top them off with a handful of halal Campfire marshmallows from Blossom & Bean.
Hot Cocoa Recipes
By Lindsay Contractor
S’mores Hot Cocoa
- 3 cups of milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- graham cracker, crushed for rim lining
- 1 bag Campfire halal mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to low broil and move rack to the second to the top for broiling marshmallows. Place a baking sheet on the rack.
- In a large saucepan, heat over medium the milk until steaming.
- Add cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, sugar and salt and whisk until combined.
- Meanwhile, take a few marshmallows and rub around the edge of the mug rim to make it sticky enough for the crumbs to stick.
- Dip the mug in graham crackers until rim is well coated.
- Pour the hot cocoa into the mugs, 2/3rd full and fill to the top with halal mini marshmallows.
- Place the mugs under the broiler until browned and melted. Carefully remove from oven and serve once mug handles have cooled down.
- Top with chocolate syrup and graham cracker crumbs.
Vanilla Bean White Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups of whole milk
- 1 Vanilla bean pod
- 1 – 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 squares of White Baking chocolate bar, finely chopped
- Start by slitting open the vanilla bean pod lengthwise and use the side of your knife to scrap out all the delicious vanilla beans.
- In a medium size pot, combine milk, vanilla pod (pod and beans) and sweetened condensed milk and start to warm over medium heat.
- Remove from heat once milk begins to steam, do not boil.
- Remove pod from mixture and add chopped white chocolate and whisk well.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of whipped cream and white chocolate shavings.
Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups of half and half cream
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot on medium heat.
- Whisk until smooth and hot (steaming, not boiling).
- Pour into mugs and garnish with whipped cream, halal mini marshmallows, caramel drizzle and dash of sea salt.