Lemon Garlic Chicken from Sufra
Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cook time: 30 minutes
Ready in: 2 hours
Marinating boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a fresh blend of lemon, garlic and ginger keeps the chicken juicy, while a raisin and cream cheese stuffing lends sweet, tangy flavour.
What you need:
|4||cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp||each vegetable oil and fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbsp||minced peeled fresh ginger|
|1½ tsp||ground coriander|
|3/4 tsp||each salt, cayenne pepper and ground cumin|
|6||Sufra Zabeeha by Hand Halal Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1-½ lb/675 g)|
|2 tbsp||golden raisins|
|4 tsp||cider vinegar|
|3/4 cup||cream cheese, softened|
|1/4 tsp||each freshly ground black pepper and granulated sugar|
|3||oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped (about 2 tbsp)|
|1||green onion, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||walnut pieces, toasted and coarsely chopped|
|2 tbsp||dry bread crumbs|
- To prepare the filling, combine raisins and vinegar in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 10-second intervals until hot, about 30 seconds total. Let cool slightly. Drain raisins, discarding vinegar. Stir together cream cheese, black pepper and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Stir in raisins, sun-dried tomatoes, green onion, walnuts and bread crumbs until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Whisk together garlic, oil, lemon juice, ginger, paprika, coriander, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin in separate small bowl. Set aside.
- Place 1 chicken breast on cutting board. Holding sharp knife parallel to cutting board at thickest part of long side of chicken, slice into breast to within 1 inch (2.5 cm) of opposite side to make pocket, leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) intact on either end of pocket. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into pockets of chicken, dividing evenly; secure tightly with toothpicks. Arrange chicken in single layer in greased 13 x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Pour garlic mixture over top, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Uncover chicken; bake until instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest piece reads 165°F (74°C), about 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 330 calories, fat 19 g (7 g of which is saturated), sodium 560 mg, carbohydrate 12 g, fibre 2 g, sugars 6 g, protein 30 g