Recipe: Spicy Avocado Salad
I’m on a healthy eating phase! I call it a phase because I’m sure that it won’t last long enough for me to call it a lifestyle, but I’m trying!
Avocado is full of nutrients and ‘good’ fats so making them apart of a healthy lifestyle — or in my case phase — makes sense. There are a lot of variations to this avocado salad recipe, the one below is my preference. Feel free to add things like mango, arugula and/or tomato or virtually anything else you have in mind which will alter the taste and texture for a completely different experience.
- 2 avocados, cubed about 1cm (just a little less than 1/2 inch)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1-2 green chilli peppers, finely diced or puree
- Lemon juice, from one or two lemon (I like a lot)
- Franks Red Hot Sauce or Sri Racha, add as much of a kick as you’d like
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Try adding protein: chickpeas or boiled eggs
Combine all ingredients and mix for 1 minute, avocado shouldn’t be completely blended but a little chunky 🙂 Serve with crackers, tortilla, or eat alone! Serves 2.